As my drawing tool for free model-drawing is OmniGraffle on the Mac (which, I might add is an extremely good and intelligent free model-drawing program). There are ArchiMate 2.0 stencils (to be found on GraffleTopia) but they have the layered-color setup. So, I created by own set of OmniGraffle stencils for ArchiMate 2.0.
They can be found here. There are some changes with respect to the original stencils on GraffleTopia:
- They use my 9-color scheme (see the Mastering ArchiMate book, Section 6.4, for why I use this scheme)
- They are divided in Business / Application / Infrastructure / Relations (instead of Structure, Behavior, Information, Relations). I find that more practical as you tend to be working within a layer;
- The ‘funny forms’ are not included (I do not use these, but if you add them in a separate stencil and send it to me, I’ll include them in my set);
- I have added the Or-Split, Or-Join, And-Split, And-Join as suggested in the ArchiMate 2.0 specification;
- I have changed the Grouping Relation. Mine behaves less intelligently graphically, but it can be filled with a color (which the other one can’t).
Install the directory with the 4 stencils in one of the following directories:
~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils /Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils /Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils